Sunday, March 14, 2010

Do you see what I see?

Two weeks ago it snowed in the middle of the night.  When morning came everything looked like it had white frosting on it.  I had to be somewhere at 9 a.m. that morning and I felt like I was driving through a winter wonderland.  When I came to a stop sign a couple of miles from my house,  this broken down beaten up fence took my breath away.  Click on the picture above.  What normally looks like a fence that needs replacing looked like an abstract painting to me.  I'm not sure if it was the colors, contrast or the blanket of snow on everything, but it was a beautiful sight.  I had my camera with me, so I snapped a picture vowing to paint an abstract painting showing the colors and contrast of a worn out fence and a fresh coat of snow.

3 comments:

Sasa Peace Rocks said...

Wow, it is so beautiful! I love the fence, can't wait to see your painting. ☮

POSITIVE AGENDA said...

Your pics are fantastic! The road with the trees makes me think of a journey with no end.. the white light of the universe reflected in the snowy trees!The beaten up fence is so pretty contrasted with the white snow. The fence, like us, bent and broken , waiting for spring. Thanks for the inspiration!

Liz said...

Thanks for the comments! You two really have an artist's eye!