Sunday, February 14, 2010

Lady our rescue dog from Tennessee

This is Lady our 1 year old rescue dog from the South.  We recently found out that she is a Carolina Dog or an American Dingo as some call them because of their similar physical appearance to that of a Dingo.  The Carolina Dog was the first domesticated dog of the Americas.  They were an Indian breed and they come from the deep, southern regions of the United States.  They are believed to be direct descendents of the ancient pariah dogs that accompanied  Asians traveling across the Bering Straits about 8,000 years ago.   The Carolina Dog is not a completely domesticated breed and specimens are still found today that exist in the swamps, forests and savannahs of the South. They do make excellent pets and are highly adaptable to domestication.
Lady is a sweet, sweet girl.  She is a little shy around new people, but is a clown with everyone else.  She is very smart and able to learn a new trick or command in minutes.  I've been very busy keeping her busy so she won't chew our entire house.  She has a thing for socks and stuffed animals.  When I talk to her she tilts her head to the side like in the photo above.  I am constantly taking pictures of her and have recently started painting her.  In fact, I just started another blog for my photos of her because I have so many.  I am so inspired by my Lady girl....I will post some paintings soon!

2 comments:

Sasa Peace Rocks said...

Lady really is a sweet sweet girl!! I love her!! Please give everyone in your family a hug from me and tell them that I said "Happy Valentine's Day!! :-)

Mandala Michelle said...

What a sweet baby girl. Can't wait to see all the pictures.