Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Quote by Vincent Van Gogh


I LOVE Vincent Van Gogh and the beautiful paintings he left us to enjoy and admire. (The painting above is a little 2x3 inch study I did of his Cypress Field paintings) I've been reading about his life and more importantly his attitude about the world around him. He had a love for people and nature and his passion was to express his love for them through his art. Here is a quote by Van Gogh whose birthday was yesterday...

"I tell you, the more I think, the more I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to LOVE people."
Vincent Van Gogh

7 comments:

Mandala Michelle said...

I love me some Van gogh. :-)

Sasa Peace Rocks said...

Wow, so awesome!! I love your Van Gogh painting and quote! Van Gogh would be proud. :-)

my tiny studio said...

That is a beautiful painting did you use watercolors?
Rafael

Liz said...

Hi! Rafael,
I used acrylics on the painting. Thanks for the compliment!
Liz

Chuck Dilmore said...

v. cool - thank you
for serving up that quote!

and i love your work!

i think it's the first i've read of his.
i'm surprised! i thought he was
introverted.

v. nice surprise!

Chuck Dilmore said...

know what?
i still hear this Van Gogh quote in my head, now & then. it surprised me, back in July... and it still whispers to me today.

peace~
Chuck

Liz said...

Thanks Chuck!
I'm so glad the quote left an impression on you! Perhaps the reason so many of us love Van Gogh is because his intentions were so pure.
Love your blogs! The pictures and excerps are like candy....artistic yumminess!